Valorant meta in Patch 0.50
Riot Games is doing a great job with Valorant! They just released the new patch 0.50 that changed the Valorant meta – some agents got buffed, while the other ones got nerfed. If you want to learn about Valorant best Characters and how to use that knowledge to climb rank in Valorant – this tier list is for you!
1 – S TIER | BREACH AGENT
WHY IS BREACH TOO OP AS A CHARACTER IN VALORANT META?
After patch 0.50 Valorant meta changed, but Breach is still top of the best Valorant characters! Riot Games decided to not touch him at all and to nerf most of the other top champions so now Breach is above all competitions.
If you want to climb rank in Valorant or win competitive games, you have to choose the best characters available, and Breach is one of them. The only reason why Breach didn’t get a nerf is that his pick rate was not as high.
Why Breach pick rate was not as high? First of all, players had to unlock him, so a lot of them never even tried him which for sure had a bad influence. Secondly Breach is a strong character but hard to master.
- Good “Breach” player can easily hold solo bombsite.
- Great for attack and also defense.
- Character Breach has one of the strongest ultimate in Valorant meta.
- Breach is a character that is hard to master and it’s working the best in a full-stack team.
- Unlock this Character as soon as possible to play w hm from the beginning – Breach will be one of the best in Valorant meta for a long time!
- Flash most of the time for your teammates, not for yourself.
- Use Breach ultimate for retake or post plant!
2 – S TIER | SAGE AGENT
WHETHER VALORANT META NEEDS ANOTHER HEALER CHAMPION?
Patch 0.50 changed her slow orb duration from 9 to 7s, slow orbs percentage has been lowered from 65% to 50%, and barrier orb cost increased from 300 to 400 credits – so she can’t buy slow orb, barrier orb and armor in pistol round.
Sage got a nerf, but she is still one of the best characters in Valorant meta! Patch 0.50 was a good step to balance her, but it really doesn’t diminish her value whatsoever as the only way to do it is to introduce another healer.
Having Sage is pretty much a necessity on all teams because of her ability to heal up players. Her other utilities are nerfed, but also still good enough to let her take a second spot in S Tier Valorant meta 0.50.
- All abilities are easy to use, so it is a good character for new players who just started to play Valorant.
- Good “Sage” player can without any problem slow down full enemy team push.
- This Character has a strong ultimate which allows to resurrect a teammate.
- Sage can heal up herself and teammates as the only one in Valorant meta.
- You shouldn’t die first while playing Sage. You ou might not get a lot of kills playing behind your team back, but that’s okay.
- Throw slow orb together with Raze grenade and the enemy champion will not have a chance to run away from the grenade – there is a lot of combos like this in Valorant meta.
- Don’t use all your abilities at the beginning of the round – enemies know that they can slow them down for a bit, so they will try to bait you a lot.
- Use barrier orb to boost yourself or teammates and to get some unexpected angle.
- Use barrier orb in a pistol round or when enemies are playing eco round.
3 – S TIER | BRIMSTONE AGENT
BRIMSTONE IS A CHAMPION WITH THE BEST SMOKES IN VALORANT META !
The first difference between Valorant meta 0.50 and 0.49 is that Brimstone has advanced to S Tier becoming one of the best characters in Valorant.
Brimstone get slightly nerfed with his incendiary cost being increased from 200 to 300 0credits – but it’s not a big deal. Everything else remains unchanged – so his smokes are still a game changers!
In Valorant ability to cut out an angle is very important. Brimstone’s smokes are the best for that because they remain on the battlefield for the longest time. Also his ultimate can kill or slow down the whole enemy team!
- Planting the spike or holding enemies might be way easier thanks to his smokes.
- Brimstone smokes are the easiest to throw in Valorant meta – you don’t need any lineups for them like in other characters.
- Brimstone abilities are strong, but to be effective, they require teamplay. So it might be hard to play him solo without friends.
- Use Brimstone ultimate to clean the spot that enemy characters like to be the most, or to not let plant/defuse the spike.
- Always push sites with Brimstone smokes.
4 – A TIER | CYPHER AGENT
CYPHER – A CHAMPION WITH THE BIGGEST NERF
In the last weeks, Cypher was the top of the best characters in Valornant meta. But everything changed, and Valorant Meta 0.50 looks a bit different. After a huge nerf Cypher dropped down from S Tier to A Tier.
Firstly Cyber Cage no longer slows enemies and secondly Spycam cooldown when destroyed increased from 30 to 45 seconds. Because of that, it’s way harder for Cypher to gain information or solo hold bombsite.
Because of these changes, Cypher most likely become interchangeable with Sova. Especially since after few weeks after Valorant release players already know where exactly his Spycam and Traps might be. But for now, it is still very useful for the team.
- Cypher can provide a lot of information without any risk – all thanks to Spycam. Only him and Sova can do it in the entire Valorant meta.
- Smart and creative “Cypher” player can still hold bombsite alone or at least slowdown enemy agents push.
- Cypher Spycam is useful for a retake.
- Cypher utilities are still enough strong to force the enemy team to attack cypher positions together or to avoid them completely. Because of that, it is hard to have a lot of kills during ranked games while playing Cypher.
- With time it is harder and harder to play Cypher because people slowly understand where Spycam and Traps are usually placed.
- While playing on attack remember to put your Traps in a way that will not let enemy characters flank you.
- While playing Cypher on defence remember to switch your position as often as possible.
- Try to change positions of Traps and Spycam almost every single round.
5 – A TIER | SOVA AGENT
IN WHAT SOVA IS THE BEST AGENT IN VALORANT META?
Sitting in the middle of A Tier Valorant meta 0.50 we have champion Sova. The last patch 0.50 fixed some glitched arrow spots that people were abusing. Anyway, it did not change a lot, and this character is still really good.
With a nerf of character Cypher, Sova should be even more and more popular. Sova is incredible for getting information and that’s very valuable for a team.
Sova is well balanced right now and he will be always high in Valorant meta. All that because of his ability to provide information about the enemy characters.
- Good “Sova” player can hold a bombsite single handedly or at least gain information about enemy characters push at the right time.
- Sova is one of the best characters in Valorant meta if you think about supporting a team.
Learn more about Sova [Sova Guide]
- This champion has an incredible amount of lineups for his Arrows. To learn all of them you will have to spend a lot of time. This is why Sova is the hardest to master character in Valorant meta.
- Shock Bolt is very strong and can do a lot of damage, but it still can’t kill a full HP agent. This is why you shouldn’t use it as a primary weapon! It’s just an ability that might give you a few extra options when needed.
- Shoot first Recon Bolt at the beginning of each round to get early information about enemy character positioning.
- Sova’s ultimate ability is perfect to kill an enemy characters who is defusing/planting the Spike.
6 – A TIER | PHOENIX AGENT
AGENT PHOENIX WILL BE HIGH TIER IN VALORANT META FOR A LONG TIME
Phoenix only got hit once this patch 0.50 but it is still noticeable. His curve ball costs right now 200 instead of 100 credits. It means that he will have to spend double to get to flashes which will seriously impact earlier rounds.
Even if Phoenix got hit, some other characters get hit harder. That is why he is still A tier character in Valorant meta. In the right hands this champion can be extremely deadly.
To be fair his nerf was unexpected. We can assume it means that Riot should not change Phoenix soon in the future. It is a good time then to start playing with Phoenix, one of the best characters way more!
- One of the best characters in Valorant meta to play solo – you can heal up yourself and flesh for yourself.
- Phoenix in the right hands can put a huge pressure on the enemy team.
- Good on attack and even on defense to hold angles where he can easily flesh.
- The biggest issue with Agent Phoenix is that his best way to help a team is killing as many enemies characters as possible. He can’t support teammates like for example Breach does.
- If you can’t kill anyone with your ultimate, try to grab a knife and run as far away as possible, to gain some extra information for your team.
- Learn how to throw pop flashes – enemy characters will not have time to react to them.
- You can go with your ultimate by teleport on map bind.
7 – B TIER & C TIER | AGENTS RAZE, OMEN, VIPER & JETT
OMEN IS NOT THE WORST AGENT IN VALORANT META ANYMORE
B Tier Champions are situational picks. Raze and Viper might be good on maps such as Split and Omen will be strong on Haven but then you need to play them instead of Phoenix or Brimstone.
The biggest change in Valorant meta 0.50 is that Omen got a huge buff! Dark Cover smoke duration increased from 12 to 15 seconds and projectile speed increased a bit too. Now Omen can hold a spot for 6 seconds more!
C Tier Agent Jett is the worst character in Valorant. She got buffed but her abilities are still not strong enough to play on her own or to help her team. She definitely still needs a buff.
Valorant meta 0.50 changed a little bit compare to Valorant Meta 0.49! Breach, Sage, Brimstone, Cypher, Sova and Phoenix – use those champions to climb up the ranks! Of course, you can rank up by playing A Tier and even C Tier Champions, but it might be way harder to do. If you enjoyed our Valorant Meta 0.50 Tierlist and you want to learn more about it and the game itself – remember that you can book a 👉 [Valorant Coaching] 👈 session.