New Valorant Meta in Patch 1.0
We have released article about new Patch
Check out NEW POST Valorant Meta and Best Characters
There we go, Valorant is officially released. With a patch 1.0 we got some interesting buffs and nerfs! Because of that Valorant meta 1.0 has changed! If you want to climb rank in Valorant you need to know everything about the Best Characters in Valorant – this tier list is for you!
1 – S TIER | BREACH AGENT
WHY IS BREACH STILL THE BEST AGENT IN VALORANT META 1.0?
Riot Games surprised us once again – Patch 1.0 didn’t change Breach at all! This champion is stronger than ever due to other top champions nerf.
The only reason that could explain Riot’s decision is the fact that Breach is hard to master. Because of that, his pick rate is still low. This Agent is for sure one of the best characters in Valorant Meta 1.0 and it will not change soon.
If you want to climb rank in Valorant or win competitive games, you have to choose Breach for your lineup. All his abilities are super strong! To play Breach in ranked games you have to master him!
- Great for both attack and defense.
- Good “Breach” player can easily hold the bombsite solo.
- Agent Breach has one of the strongest ultimates in Valorant meta 1.0.
- Breach is a character that is hard to master that’s working best in a full-stack team.
- Use Breach ultimate for retake or post plant!
- You can use his Flash not only for yourself but also for your teammates.
- Unlock this Character as soon as possible to play him from the beginning – Breach will be one of the best characters 1.0 in Valorant Meta for a long time!
2 – S TIER | SAGE AGENT
WHY DO YOU STILL NEED TO PLAY SAGE IN VALORANT META 1.0?
Patch 1.0 nerfed Sage so much! Her healing orb cooldown increased from 35 to 45 seconds, barrier orb segment health reduced from 1000 to 800 and the duration is now just 30 seconds instead of 40.
Even after these changes, Sage is still one of the best characters in Valorant meta 1.0! I will repeat: the changes really won’t diminish her value whatsoever, as the only way to do so is to introduce another healer.
Sage without any abilities could still be one of the best characters because 1.0 of her ultimate ability which allows her to resurrect her teammates. This is an irreplaceable and unique ability in the entire Valorant Meta.
- This character has the strongest ultimate in Valorant Meta 1.0.
- Sage can heal up herself and her teammates as the only Agent in Valorant meta.
- Good Sage player can without any problem slow down full enemy team push.
- It is a good character for new players who just started to play Valorant because all her abilities are easy to use.
- You shouldn’t die first while playing Sage and because of that you might not get a lot of kills playing behind your team back.
- Use barrier orb in a pistol round or when enemies are playing an eco round.
- Use barrier orb to boost yourself or teammates to get some unexpected angles.
- Don’t use all your abilities at the beginning of the round – enemies know that they can slow them down for a bit, so they will try to bait you a lot.
- Throw slow orb together with Raze grenades and the enemy champions will not have a chance to run away from the grenade – there is a lot of combos like this in the current Valorant meta.
Learn how to play Sage – the most important Agent in Valorant Meta with [Valorant Coach]
3 – S TIER | BRIMSTONE AGENT
WHY IS BRIMSTONE STILL ONE OF THE BEST CHARACTERS IN VALORANT META 1.0 ?
Coming in last for an S Tier is another familiar face – Brimstone. He maintains his rank at the bottom of highest Tier in Valorant Meta 1.0 simply because just like Breach he received no changes.
He still has access to 3 amazing smokes and his ability to lock down an area of the map and make it impossible for the enemy team to push is still the best in the game.
In Valorant the ability to cut out an angle is very important and this is why he will be one of the best characters for a long time! Also his ultimate can kill or slow down the whole enemy team!
- Planting the spike or holding enemies is super easy with his smokes.
- Brimstone smokes are the easiest to throw in Valorant meta 1.0 – you don’t need any lineups for them.
- Brimstone abilities are strong, but to be effective, they require teamplay. So it might be hard to play him without communication.
- Try to always push sites with Brimstone smokes.
- You can fake a push for a bombsite with Brimstone smokes.
- Use Brimstone ultimate to clean the spot where the enemy characters are most likely to be at, or to not let them plant/defuse the spike.
5 – A TIER | SOVA AGENT
IN WHAT IS SOVA STRONGER AFTER PATCH 1.0?
Let’s start with A Tier Valorant meta 1.0! And here one of the best characters is Sova. The last Valorant patch 1.0 didn’t touch him at all and this is why he was able to be promoted by one place.
Overtime like we said last time, Cypher is becoming more predictable so Sova is slowly taking his place, as the informations he is able to gather are very valuable for his team.
Sova is high in Valorant meta 1.0 just as he should be in the future. He is well balanced and there is no reason for Riot to nerf this Agent.
- Sova is one of the best characters in Valorant meta 1.0 when it comes to gaining information about enemy characters.
- Good “Sova” player can play solo on bombsite and give information on the right time about the enemy push.
- This champion has an incredible amount of lineups for his Arrows. To learn all of them you will have to spend a lot of time.
- Over time people started to know the most common Sova’s Recon Bolt spots, so it’s way harder to surprise an enemy champions and gain valuable information.
- Sova’s ultimate ability is perfect to kill an enemy character who is defusing/planting the Spike.
- Shoot first Recon Bolt at the beginning of each round to get early information about the enemy character positioning.
- Shock Bolt is very strong and can do a lot of damage, but it still can’t kill a full HP agent. This is why you shouldn’t use it as your primary weapon!
Learn more about Sova [Sova Guide]
4 – A TIER | CYPHER AGENT
CYPHER HAS AN INTERESTING SITUATION IN VALORANT META 1.0
At the beginning of the game, Cypher was one of the best characters in Valorant meta. But it has changed with time and nerf that came with a Patch 0.50 wasn’t the main reason.
The problem with Cypher is that over time people learned how to counter his all abilities. Most of the players know right now where Cypher is putting his Spycam and all his Traps.
Cypher became interchangeable with Sova but he is still able to hold solo some bombsites. However it’s way harder than it was in the past.
- Smart and creative “Cypher” player can still hold bombsite alone or at least slowdown enemy agents push.
- Cypher can provide a lot of information without any risk – all thanks to Spycam. Only him and Sova can do it in the entire Valorant meta.
- Cypher utilities are still enough strong to force the enemy team to attack cypher positions together or to avoid them completely. Because of that, it is hard to have a lot of kills during ranked games while playing Cypher.
- Over time it became harder and harder to play Cypher because people slowly understand where Spycam and Traps are usually placed.
- While playing on attack remember to put your Traps in a way that will not let enemy characters flank you.
- While playing Cypher on defence remember to switch your position as often as possible.
- Try to change positions of Traps and Spycam almost every single round.
- Use Spycam to gain information about enemy positions during a retake.
6 – A TIER | PHOENIX AGENT
PHOENIX IS PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WHY HEALING IS IMPORTANT IN VALORANT META 1.0
Phoenix is still one of the best characters in Valorant Meta 1.0 but for sure he is not as strong as before. Why? Because his healing abilities got a huge nerf!
Although his curveballs got buffed (max flash duration increased from 0,8 to 1,1 second), Hot Hands and Blaze can give Phoenix a maximum 100 HP (50 health each) which is a big difference.
For this reason, it is way harder for Phoenix to play aggressively. Harder, but not impossible. This agent is still the best entry fragger in Valorant Meta 1.0.
- One of the best characters in Valorant meta 1.0 to play solo – you can heal up yourself and flesh for yourself.
- Phoenix in the right hands can put a huge pressure on the enemy team.
- Good on both attack and defense to get some entry frags.
- The only value that Agent Phoenix is bringing to his team are frags. You have to have a good aim to be able to support your team with this champion.
- If you can’t kill anyone with your ultimate, try to run as far away as possible, to gain some extra information for your team.
- Learn how to throw pop flashes – enemy characters will not have time to react to them.
- You can utilize the teleport with your ultimate on the bind map.
Learn how to play aggressively with an entry fragger Agent Phoenix with [Valorant Coach]
8 – A TIER | REYNA AGENT
WHY IS REYNA AS GOOD RIGHT NOW?
First of all, I must start with the fact that Reyna is not overpowered as many people are saying. It’s for sure a strong champion that should be placed between A and B tier in Valorant Meta 1.0.
Why do people think that she is overpowered and why is it hard to say in which Tier she is? It is because Reyna is a new agent and people don’t know how to play against her.
She is not one of the best characters for competitive games, but for now, in theory she might be strong for unranked games and to climb rank in Valorant if u are a great fragger.
- She is a new Agent in Valorant Meta so it’s the best time to pick her right now before people will understand how to play against her.
- You can pick her only if you are a good fragger – her abilities are not working without kills.
- Over time people will understand how to play again Reyna and she will not be as high in Valorant Meta 1.0.
- Do not over peek just to consume a Soul Orb.
- You can throw leer through the wall which allows you to flash not only for yourself but also for your teammates.
Learn more about [How to play Reyna in Valorant]
8 – B TIER & C TIER | AGENTS – OMEN, RAZE, JETT & VIPER
OMEN AND JETT ARE ALMOST PROMOTED TO A TIER IN VALORANT META 1.0!
After patch 1.0 even if B Tier Champions are still situational they got a buff which is big enough to sometimes allow an exchange between them and the S & A tier champions!
Omen got a huge buff which allows him to be played instead of Brimstone on Haven or the new Ascent map – but only if your team wants to play way more aggressively! It’s a very risky strategy!
Jett with her buffed smokes can also be played on Ascent or Haven like an entry fragger with the Operator. Raze is still good on Split or Bind. The worst character in Valorant Meta 1.0 is currently the Viper which dropped down to C tier.
Learn more about [How to play Raze in Valorant]
Valorant meta 1.0 is way more balanced compared to Valorant Meta 0.5! S and A Tier Agents are still the best characters 1.0 in Valorant to climb up the ranks! But right now you have a greater range of choices because some of B Tier champions like Omen and Jett got some nice buffs! If you enjoyed our Valorant Meta 1.0 Tierlist and you want to learn more about it and the game itself – remember that you can book a 👉 [Valorant Coaching] 👈 session.
Examples of my Valorant Coaching: