New TFT meta in Patch 10.1
What’s up guys My name is TFTFEatherknight, I am a Challenger Player and TFT Coach.
We are now hitting a new decade! Riot games has updated TFT with Patch 10.1, the patch is bringing us 2 new cahmpions to the game: Leona and Karma. There are also plenty of changes to items and champions, which will result in major changes in TFT team comps. A famous team comp by the name of Blender, has received some more nerfs as it was still too strong. This allowed other compositions to become top tier comps in 10.1. Do you want to know what comps have become better in the new patch? Read this article to find out everything you need to know about the best TFT Team Comps 10.1
1 – S TIER BERSERKERS
WHAT IS BERSERKERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.1?
This TFT Team Comp 10.1 is based on Olaf. There was changes to berserkers some time ago, where if you hit 6 of them, they gain 25 AD, which might not seem like a lot but it is especially in the mid game. Berserkers started rising in popularity about a week ago in patch 9.24B and they will continue to be strong in 10.1, especially with the change to Last Whisper.
This team comp spikes on level 7, but if you do manage to go to lv8 and lv9, make sure to add Singed and Twitch for poison synergy.
- Unstoppable in mid game and strong late game, very high burst damage.
- It can be forced in almost any game.
- It is quite flexible with items, defensive for early game, or offensive to wait for Olaf.
- Does have possibilities to develop in late game (Poison/Electric on Lv8)
- If you do not hit Olaf when rolling on lv6/7 it is pretty much GG.
- Can be contested with the rise in popularity.
- Wardens and infernos with high CC can kill this comp easily.
- Try to force building Locket of the Iron Solari to win streak early game.
- At lv6 priotise to put in 6 berserkers over anything else (Add electric back on lv7).
- Try to build Hush or other Mana items on Olaf so he does ulty asap.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR BERSERKER TEAM COMP:
- Olaf – Hush, Last Whisper, IE Guardian Angel (In that order)
- Jax – Locket of Iron Solari x2
2 – S/A TIER BLENDER ASSASSIN/BLADEMASTER
WHAT IS BLENDER ASSASSIN/BLADEMASTER TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.1?
This TFT Team Comp 10.1 is based on Nocturne, Sivir and Qiyana more than ever. All of these champions will play a role as a carry, but your main damage dealer will be TFT Nocturne. Qiyana will usually make use of the rods that you will drop, so you can put defensive items such as Locket on her, and sivir is there to support and use items such as swordbreaker or hush.
Later in the game on level 8 we can get Janna and look for Master Yi to exchange him for Aatrox, which will give you additional Mystic and Cloud synergy.
Btw – In Teamfight Tactics we are calling Nocturne as Blender
- Unstoppable in mid game, properly built will win every composition in TFT meta 10.1
- It can be somewhat forced in every game.
- It is pretty hard to counter especially in lower ranks.
- It is hard to get better position than top 8 without Spat.
- The comp does require some thinking, when to roll, when to level as you will be playing from behind in the early game.
- If you are uncomfortable playing with 30-40HP before you get your comp online, or inting to get items, do not play this comp.
- Spare gold to lvl6 and lv7 if you can and only then roll for units.
- Int early game to get the items that you need, Spatula, Recurve Bow, IE or Hush components.
- When there are no other Blender players try to roll for Sivir and 3 star Nocturne on lvl 7.
- Always scout for the best positioning when playing blender, if someone will land a Zephyr on your Nocturne you can loose a fight, which you cannot afford to do.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT BLENDER ASSASSIN/BLADEMASTER TEAM COMP :
- Nocturne – Blade of the Ruined King, 2x Infinite Edge
- Sivir – Hush, Red Buff, Sword Breaker
- Qyianna – Thief’s Gloves
3 – S TIER OCEAN MAGES
WHAT IS OCEAN MAGES TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.1?
Another of our TFT 10.1 team comp is Ocean Mages, which you could meet in a similar setting in the previous patch.
Ocean Mages is a team comp that has probably been around for the longest time in Set 2. This is because this team comp is very flexible and there can be a lot of variations to this build depending on the lobby. In some lobbies you can go 4 wardens, in others 3 summoners might be a better choice. Whatever the case is, this comp can perform as long as you find some decent damage such as Brand, with good items.
In later stages of the game, depending on the lobby try to find Nami and add Mystic synergy.
- Very strong mid and late game, despite the units.
- Flexible, a lot of units can be played in that comp as a carry.
- Versatile team comp that can be built around other players in the lobby.
- If we fail to find Brand, Annie or Yorick lv 2 during the mid game, we will bleed a lot of HP.
- Can be hard to get a decent start going in the early games, without Vladimir 2 you will loose.
- This build requires a lot of Tear of Goddess and Needlessly Large Rods, which are usually contested.
- It is worth playing Druids and Woodlands in the early game as they have been buffed, and then transition.
- Do not roll before level 6/7 as the units you will find are usually not useful for this comp.
- Scout around to see if there are many Annies and Brands gone from the Pool, to think of a pivot.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR OCEAN MAGES TEAM COMP:
- Brand – Morellonomicon, Seraph’s Embrace, Rabadon’s Deathcap
- Nami –Morellonomicon
- Amumu- Guardian Angel, Dragon’s Claw,
4 – ZED
WHAT IS ZED TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.1?
Zed is a very versatile unit, it can be played in almost any team any synergy in the current TFT 10.1 meta. Lunars have also been introduced in this patch making Zed even stronger of a unit, as they give more critical strike chance every 7 seconds. Which scales insanely well with Electrical trait of Zed. Lunars also provide Mystic and Warden synergy to be reached a lot easier.
In the late game look for 4 Electric with Lux, if you cannot get that stay on 3 electric and look for poison.
- Only Zed requires specific items, the rest of the items do not matter.
- Without silence, the enemy will not be able to kill our summons.
- Very strong composition, almost unstoppable in late game.
- Weak early and middle game in current TFT meta.
- Requires at least Zed for level 2 with legendary units, which can be hard to find.
- If you bleed too much in the early and mid game you will have to pivot or get top 8
- Don’t spend gold up to 8lvl unless you’re too behind and you lose too much hp.
- Try to collect all legendary units, in particular Zed, and complete the compositions with those you will find on level 2.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT ZED TEAM COMP:
- Zed – Guardian Angel, Redemption, Dragon Claw
For the time being, this is what we have prepred for the current TFT meta in 10.1. The patch was quite big, bringing a lot of nerfs and buffs to the existing team comps. But it has also helped to balance out some of the team comps that felt a little bit too strong. The patch has also changed a lot of the syngergies and made sure items scale better with star levels of the champions, which we have never seen before. Set 2 is getting better and better with each TFT Patch as Team comps require players to think, transition and pivot every game, rather than brainlessly force a comp that they thought was good.