New TFT meta in Patch 9.23
Hello guys My name is Chmielu, I am a Challenger Player and TFT Coach..
Finally the long-awaited Patch 9.23, which brings the ranked game back to the game. A lot of changes have been made, but those are mostly small nerfs and buffs that slightly change the TFT meta, and most of the old team comps from Patch 9.22 are still doing great. The following list from the best team comps will help you to quickly dominate your enemies and thus climb the rankings at the very beginning of the season.
1 – OCEAN & MAGES *OP*
WHAT IS OCEAN & MAGES TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.23 ?
Oceans and Mages are currently the strongest TFT Comp 9.23 thanks to Brand, which after the buffs received, has become the strongest unit in the game. Having a Brand for 2lvl with the right items, we are able to dominate the enemies in the mid-range and late-range.
The synergy of 3 Mages, which gives us a 50% chance to use the double skill and the Oceans bonus, which after buffs gives us even more mana, means that Brand is able to use his skill every few seconds. In the late phase of the game we can exchange Thresh for Nami, which thanks to its skill will stun the entire enemy team for a few seconds.
- Strong early game, thanks to cheap and strong units (Syndra, Vladimir, Thresh and Nautilus).
- Brand is unstoppable in mid and late game
- Champions like Annie and Yorick will help us keep Brand alive for as long as possible
- A very flexible build based on 4 Oceans + Brand, which means that we can easily get to our enemies in mid and late gamie
- It can be hard to find upgrades because a very large number of players are forcing this composition in the current TFT meta 9.23
- If Brand dies to us fairly quickly, we lose the round immediately
- Most likely this tft comp will get a fairly fast hotfix because it is too strong
- You can force this team comp in any game
- Try to collect as many Large Rods and Oceans as possible from the beginning of the game
- Try to keep the main carry in the middle of the last lane
- In the early game keep the items on Zyra / Taliyah and exchange it for Brand as soon as you get it
- When the element on the map is the ocean, add Quianna and Nami on level 7
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Annie – Rabadon’s Deathcap, Morellonomicon, Mage’s Cap
- Brand – Rabadon’s Deathcap, Morellonomicon, Seraph’s Embrance
- Nautilus – Guardian Angel, Iceborn Gauntlet
2 – GLACIAL&POISON
WHAT IS GLACIAL POISON TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.23?
Glacial and Poison is another the best team comp, which is based on Ashe with Olaf as carry. Ashe got quite large buffs, which makes her one of the stronger carry in the current TFT meta 9.23. Thanks to the stuns that Glacials provide us, the enemies stand still and the additional Poison bonus will make the units at the back of the enemy not manage to cast their skills.
Predators from Glacials will lead us through the early game, saving us a lot of health points and we can easily find later carry for 2lvl. Singed will also work great in this composition, which will turn off the entire enemy team.
- Mass of utility thanks to Glacials and Poisons, completely disables the enemy teamcomp
- The strongest early game in tft meta 9.23 thanks to the bonus of predators, it makes you do not have to spend gold early
- Requires 3 epics on 2lvl, which can be hard to find
- Strongly stands out in the mid game without early epic champions
- Appropriate items are required for Ashe and Olaf, otherwise it will be difficult for us to win the game
- Build this team comp when you get a lot of bows at the start
- If you get a lot of Kog’Maw and Warwick in the early stages of the game, it’s worth shyperrolling over them after the golems
- Try to save gold in the early stages of the game (if you’re not hyperrolling) and look for units only after level 7
- If you don’t get Spatula, you can also play Ezreal instead of Ashe, who with Seraph’s Embrace and Ludens echo, will do a lot of damage
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Ashe – Giant Slayer, Runaan’s Hurricane, Frozen Mallet
- Olaf – Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Bloodthirster, Guardian Angel
- Twitch – Giant Slayer, Runaan’s Hurricane, Guinsoo’s Rageblade
3 –ASSASINS & BLADEMASTERS
WHAT IS ASSASINS & BLADEMASTERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.23?
This TFT Comp is currently rare in the current tft meta 9.23. It is quite strong, but slightly protrudes from the above. It is worth paying special attention to it when there are a lot of Mages in the lobby, because Assasins are great at dealing with them.
First try to survive by playing Woodland with Druids, slowly moving into 3 Assasins and adding more units. The key is to quickly find Nocturne on level 2 to save a lot of health points, and with such a weak start that this team comp has it is necessary. In addition, Reksai or Steel Lux on lvl8 will be great here, which will give Nocturne additional survival.
- Synergies like Cloud or Mystic will provide our paper unit with greater survival
- Great against Mages, which are strong in current TFT meta
- We need Spatula in the early stages of the game to be able to think about this teamcomp
- Very poor early game
- If the element on the map is not Cloud, team comp loses a lot of strength
- Try to lose the first 3 rounds to get Spatula from the first carousel
- Try to buy additional Nocturne or Sivir, because without upgrading to level 3 it may be hard for you to win the game
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Nocturne – Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Blade of the ruined king, Bloodthirster
- Sivir – Hush, Runaan’s Hurricane
- Khazix – Infinity Edge, Seraph’s embrace
4 – LIGHT HYPEROLL *ONCE AGAIN*
WHAT IS LIGHT HYPERROLL TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.23?
In patch 9.23 Light Hyperroll still remains one of the strongest team comps, the minimal nerfs of individual units do not change anything. The tactics remain the same, we don’t spend gold on golems, and after these we are looking for Vayne and Nasus for level 3.
If we can find both of these champions, we should easily dominate the entire early and mid game, forcing enemies to roll early. Master Yi with Talisman can be very helpful in the late range.
- At a late stage of the game, Light units are very hard to kill. Their synergy renews their hp, even when the minions recalled by Yorick die.
- Strong middle phase of the game if we roll out units (Nasus and Vayne) at the right time.
- Soraka with her silence will turn off the rear of the enemy, which will give us extra time to kill the enemy frontlane.
- You need to know when to hyperroll for units (first rounds after PvE fight with golems).
- The weak early and middle stages of the game can make it very difficult for us to get back to the game and buy all the champions we need.
- Two legendary units can be difficult to find
- Build this TFT comp only if you get a lot of Lights before the first carousel
- Hyperroll for Nasus and Vayne after the first rounds after the PvE fight with golems.
- The best choices for additional units will be Master Yi with Talisman of Light (thanks to which he will gain a very high attack speed) and Taric (who has a very strong super ability).
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT TEAM COMP HYPERROL LIGHT:
- Nasus – Warmog’s Armor, Thornmail, Redemption
- Vayne – Runaan’s Hurricane, Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Giant Slayer
- Master Yi – Talisman of Light
At the moment, that’s all about the current TFT meta in patch 9.23. Along with the introduced updates, we will keep you updated on the best team comps in Teamfight Tactics. Those who want to deepen their knowledge and significantly speed up their improvement are invited to TFT Coaching Session with Challenger Coach