New TFT meta in Patch 10.2
What’s up guys My name is TFTFEatherknight, I am a Challenger Player and TFT Coach.
A second patch of a new year has finally come! Riot updated TFT with Patch 10.2, the patch that probably and for some finally got rid of the blademaster meta, and made other team comps more viable. Due to the major changes in blademaster, one of the most popular TFT 10.2 Comps in Set 2 by the name of Ocean and Mage is seeing a steady rise in popularity. Want to find out more team comps that can win you LP in Patch 10.2 TFT? Then have a read, as we have prepared the best TFT Comps for this Patch.
1 – S TIER BERSERKERS
WHAT IS BERSERKERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.1?
This TFT Team Comp 10.2 is based on Olaf. Just like in any other patch, but the change with this patch is that you kind of need more specific items to make this team comp work, or at least to have a shot at winning. The two most important items that you will need for your TFT Olaf are Infinity edge and Rapid Fire Cannon.
This TFT Comp spikes on level 7, but if you do manage to go to lv8 and lv9, make sure to add Singed and Twitch for poison synergy.
- Unstoppable in mid game and strong late game, very high burst damage .
- It can be forced in almost any game in TFT meta 10.2
- It is quite flexible with items, defensive for early game, or offensive to wait for Olaf.
- Does have possibilities to develop in late game (Poison/Electric on Lv8)
- If you do not hit Olaf when rolling on lv6/7 it is pretty much GG.
- Requires a strong early game not to fall off too quickly
- Can be contested with the rise in popularity.
- Wardens and infernos with high CC can kill this TFT Comp easily.
- Try to force building Locket of the Iron Solari to win streak early game.
- At lv6 priotise to put in 6 berserkers over anything else (Add electric/desert back on lv7).
- Guardian Angel can be a good item to build on Olaf so he looses focus and revives back to kill enemy team.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR BERSERKER TEAM COMP:
- Olaf – Infinity Edge, 2x Rapid Fire Cannon
- Jax – Locket of Iron Solari x2
2 – S/A Shadow inferno
WHAT IS SHADOW INFERNO TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.2?
This TFT Team Comp 10.2 is based on Kindred, which is your main carry. But if you manage to make Inferno’s Cinder, a lot of champions can become your main carry too, such as Singed. With this build you will focus on putting 6 infernos as soon as you can, but if you do have 3 good levelled up shadows you might want to focus on putting them on the board. The main thing with this build is items, you need seraph’s embrace and rabadon’s deathcap to make Kindred effective.
In the later stages of the game focus on putting level 2 legendaries on the board, such as Amumu, Taric, Singed.
- Unstoppable in mid game, properly built will win every composition in TFT meta 10.2
- It is pretty hard to counter especially in lower ranks.
- Does have a lot of flexibility late game.
- It is best played on inferno elemental due to Qiyana
- The TFT comp requires somewhat specific items.
- This comp might not crush when you hit 6 infernos therefore good early game for strong pivot can be advantagous.
- Never roll before lv 7.
- Try to get best kindred items if possible, Tear of teh Goddess, Rabadon’s Deathcap,
- Level up 1 cost infernos as you might need them later for the TFT Comp, Zyra and Diana.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT SHADOW INFERNO TEAM COMP :
- Kindred – Seraph’s Embrace, Rabadon’s Deathcap, Rapid Fire Cannon
- Amumu – Morellonomicon, Guardian Angel
3 – S TIER OCEAN MAGES
WHAT IS OCEAN MAGES TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.2?
Another best TFT team comp in current TFT Meta 10.2 is Ocean Mages, which you could meet in a similar setting in the previous patch.
Ocean Mages is a team comp that has probably been around for the longest time in Set 2. This is because this team comp is very flexible and there can be a lot of variations to this build depending on the lobby. With nerfs to blender builds such as Azir and Nocturne, Ocean Mage is really nicely found itself back into the meta in the Patch 10.2. Make sure to give it a try.
In later stages of the game, depending on the lobby try to find Nami and add Mystic synergy.
- Very strong mid and late game, despite the units.
- Flexible, a lot of units can be played in that TFT Comp as a carry.
- Versatile team comp that can be built around other players in the lobby.
- If we fail to find Brand, Annie or Malphite lv 2 during the mid game, we will bleed a lot of HP.
- Can be hard to get a decent start going in the early games, without Vladimir or Taliyah 2 you will loose.
- This build requires a lot of Tear of Goddess and Needlessly Large Rods, which are usually contested.
- It is worth playing Druids and Woodlands in the early game as they have been buffed, and then transition.
- Do not roll before level 7 as the units you will find are usually not useful for this TFT Comp.
- Scout around to see if there are many Annies and Brands gone from the Pool, to think of a pivot.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR OCEAN MAGES TEAM COMP:
- Brand – Infinity Edge, Seraph’s Embrace, Jeweled Gauntlet
- Malphite – Morellonomicon
4 – S/A Tier Rangers
WHAT IS RANGERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.2?
Rangers in TFT Meta 10.2 can be found quite easily, as there are many relatively cheap rangers. The best part about this composition is that it only requires a decent frontlane to make it effective. This should not be hard to find as there are many wardens to choose from to build your frontlane up. The comp also has decent pivot late game.
In the late game look for Singed and Mundo for poison. As well as Taric for Crystal.
- Can crush with the right items very early on.
- Hard to counter with good positioning
- A lot of pivot options in late game.
- Can be weak early game in the current TFT meta 10.2
- Requires very specific items
- If you fail to find ashe or twitch lv 2 to carry those items, it can be hard to get anything better than top 6
- Don’t spend gold up to 7/8 lvl unless you’re too behind and you lose too much hp.
- Focus on building a good frontlane rather than putting 4 rangers as soon as you can.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT ZED TEAM COMP:
- Twitch/ Ashe – Infinity Edge, Last Whisper
I personally believe those are best TFT 10.2 Comps that you can make in TFT Meta. Unfortunately, without an introduction of new champions there is not going to be a new revolutionary comp that will suddenly be OP and you can just kill through your opponents. It is a steady learning curve and you will have to make sure you do your best to learn those TFT Comps. Those who want to deepen their knowledge and significantly speed up their improvement are invited to TFT Coaching Session with Challenger Coach