TFT Meta and Best Team Comps
Welcome to our most detailed article on TFT best comps. It’s a constantly updated analysis of the current Teamfight Tactics Meta game, so check it out every two weeks or so to stay ahead of the other players. We would like to provide you with not only a list of the most played TFT Meta comps, but also a quick overview that can guide you through that comps strengths – and when to play the comp, weaknesses – and when you might want to avoid doing so, preferred items – so you know what to take off the carousel and tips for all the subtle decisions that can be taken during a game to improve your winrate.
Teamfight Tactics Meta game changes frequently, and every time it changes we’re making sure we’ve got all the changes covered. Each patch analysis starts with a short overview of the patch itself as well, taking most recent balance, item and economical changes made to the game by Riot Games. While the Best TFT comps might be subjective and might be found after our post has been created, we want our TFT Meta article to be a valuable resource for not only the new and returning players but also anyone that wants to understand what Teamfight Tactics teamcomps dictate the meta.
New TFT Meta in Patch 10.14
Hey there!I’m Piotr, a seasoned TFT Coach and a Challenger Player.
Welcome to TFT Patch 10.14 Meta Overview, which is the second balancing patch of the current set! Riot, clearly unhappy with the previous meta, where only three compositions were really showing up at the top level of play (the unfamous Trio of Doom – Sorcs, Rebels, Cybers), decided to take their nerfhammer (and the buffhammer, too!) and slam some significant changes to the TFT Meta game. The biggest winner of TFT 10.14 Meta and it’s patch seems to be Syndra in the Star Guardians team comp, opening the S Tier in our Meta article. As always, keep in mind that it’s an early peak at the newest meta, and strong comp might still show up over the next few days, surprising all of us!
S TIER | 6 Star Guardians in TFT Meta 10.14
WHAT IS 6 STAR GUARDIANS COMP IN TFT META 10.14?
TFT Meta 10.14 welcomes our new Star Guardian overlords. Massive buffs to Syndra make her a treat to be reckoned with, and since Star Guardians contest similiar items and units to 6 Sorcerers comp, they naturally lower sorc’s position in the meta game.
6 Star Guardians TFT Team comp abuses Syndra‘s ability mana cost reduction from 60 to 40, allowing her to cast with little to no downtime. It’s power has also been increased, making her an effective threat to even the tankiest of units.
Want to learn how to play Star Guardians? Get a TFT coach
An example of a TFT 6 Star Guardians comp below:
- Currently holds the spot for the most consistent Top1 TFT team comp.
- Can use mostly any defensive items for Neeko, it’s fairly flexible.
- It’s main counter, Mystics, are partly negated late game by the addition of Janna.
- Might require Janna to make it in the late game, as many TFT comps 10.14 make a good use of Mystics.
- Fairly squishy units, might struggle against players that decide to zephyr your Neeko.
- Therefore has a high skill cap, as most compositions that rely on one or two units to take care of it’s enemies.
- Unless you start with a perfect Star Guardians opening, vanguards might help you get through the early game!
- A good sign to try this TFT Team Comp 10.14 would be grabbing mana items for your Syndra on the first carousel.
- Jarvan IV has been buffed thoroughly, making him an incredible addition to bulk up your frontline and provide Protector to Neeko!
THE BEST ITEMS FOR 6 STAR GUARDIANS TEAM COMP:
- Neeko – Guardian Angel, Zz’Rot Portal, Warmogs
- Syndra – Blue Buff, Trap Claw, Luden’s Echo
S TIER | Astro Snipers in TFT Meta 10.14
WHAT IS ASTRO SNIPERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.14?
Astro Snipers seem to be relevant again, after huge Jhin & Ashe buffs. This TFT team comp makes use of Sniper’s incredible damage output, while Teemo, Ashe and Gnar protect it with their stuns and repositioning shrooms. This TFT Meta 10.14 comp makes good use of items of all kinds, as Teemo is an AP carry while Jhin scales mostly with AD.
The version we’re presenting is a very late game one, featuring 4 snipers, but earlier in the game you can try to assess whether you require more damage or more survivability, possibly cutting some snipers or mystics.
An example of the Astro Snipers comp below:
- A powerful, consistent composition with plenty of flexibility (ex. able to go for 4 mystics if neccessary)
- Makes good use of most of the items in game. No items are wasted!
- Teemo currently seems often uncontested! Keep in mind that might change over the next few days though.
- Might be hard to play, due to positional and decision making difficulties.
- Might lack damage without the 4th sniper, making level 9 neccessary to win.
- Requires 4 cost carries to even function.
- Look out for Blitzcranks, they’re the biggest threat to Snipers!
- Rhunaans procs on Jhin’s fourth attacks, making it a great item for him in TFT 10.14 Meta.
- If you can, try not to roll before level 8, where the chances to find your 4 cost carries area the highest.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT ASTRO SNIPERS TEAM COMP :
- Jhin: Last Whisper, Guardian Angel, Infinity Edge
- Teemo: Blue Buff, Rabaddon’s Deathcap, Trap Claw
S TIER | Vayne Cybernetics in TFT Meta 10.14
WHAT’S UP WITH VAYNE CYBERNETICS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.14?
Cybernetics have never been out of meta, and TFT Meta 10.14 is the same. Certain aspects of it, such as Vayne and the Cybernetics synergy itself have been nerfed slightly, but Irelia has been buffed to combat that, making her a viable carry yet again. While certainly strong, we are looking forward to see how the comp behaves late game, since pulling Urgots with your Thresh strategy have been nerfed.
This comp makes use of Caitlyn for both the Sniper and Chrono synergy as well, to further buff your Vayne.
Learn how to Tumble and Snipe your through the TFT ranks with a TFT Coach
Example TFT Cybernetics team comp below:
- All cybernetics are powerful and tanky due to the flat 550 HP gain from the synergy.
- Ekko can apply both Red buff and Morellonomicon effects, making him a very flexible unit.
- Ekko can also counter most high attack speed team comps, such as Master Yi or Xerath ones.
- Often contested, making it difficult to force every game.
- Needs level 9 to score the first place, usually.
- Since you should put atleast one item component of each of your units in this TFT Team comp 10.14, often you have to make difficult decisions regarding your item placement.
- Luden’s Echo on a Lucian might be the strongest starting unit of the TFT Meta 10.14.
- Putting Infiltrator Spatula on your Irelia might allow her to obliterate enemy carries.
- This TFT Team comp makes good use of B.F. Swords and Sparring Gloves, so having a lot of them is a good sign to force it.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR VAYNE CYBERNETICS TEAM COMP:
- Vayne – Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Trap Claw
- Ekko – Red Buff
- Irelia – Infiltrator Spatula
A TIER | 6 SORCERERS in TFT Meta 10.14
WHAT IS 6 SORCERERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.14?
6 Sorcerers have proven to be S Tier viable the patch before, but the newest changes brought some small nerfs on Riven, along with buffs to Star Guardians which indirectly makes comps that gather sorcerer units weaker – since those units become more contested.
Their power lies within Riven’s incredible shields and AoE, along with Viktor’s burst, partially based on target’s maximum health, making mana stacking a wonderful way to play him.
Challenger TFT Coaching the best way to learn any of the comps!
Example TFT 6 Sorcerers Comp below:
- Can counter many non-bursty comps such as Cybernetics, very popular in the TFT Meta 10.14 comp.
- Multiple carries, Viktor can wreck entire teams too!
- Items are similiar to 6 Star Guardians, allowing a pivot.
- This is yet another TFT Meta comp that cannot do well without four cost units.
- NEEDS Riven items, atleast a Rabaddon and a GA.
- Zephyr on a Riven leaves you with no front line and a nearly guaranteed loss.
- This TFT comp shines when you’re given multiple Needlessly Large Rods.
- Vanguards Sorcerers will be your usual starter.
- You might play Mech Sorcerers midgame until you find two star Riven.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT 6 SORCERERS TEAM COMP:
- Riven – Guardian Angel, Ionic Spark, Rabaddon’s Deathcap
- Janna – Spear of Shojin, Chalice
- Viktor – SG Spatula, Chalice, Blue Buff
TFT 10.14 Meta is a breath of fresh air compared to the previous patch. Hopefully Star Guardians won’t feel too opressive – we are going to closely monitor how the meta develops over the upcoming weeks. Compositions listed above should be viable all the way to the prestigious Challenger rank, as the top level players constantly abuse them to gain LP. TFT Meta 10.4 is still fresh, so keep in mind things might change over time though! If you would like to learn how to play any of the TFT comps listed above, or any other of the best TFT comps 10.14, check out our 👉 TFT Coaching Sessions 👈.
Here are examples of our Coaching: