New TFT meta in Patch 9.24B
We have relased article about new Patch 10.5
Check out NEW POST TFT 10.5 NEW META AND NEW TEAM COMPS
Hello guys My name is Chmielu, I am a Challenger Player and TFT Coach..
Before the holidays, Riot updated TFT with Patch 9.24, which introduced 3 new champions to the game: Senna, Lucian and Amumu. In addition, Riot released a follow-up update with a few nerfs to the strongest meta comps that have made way for Mages become the strongest and most dominating meta Team Comp for 9.24B. If you want to know if the above changes changed the meta, I invite you to read the article in which you will find the best TFT Team Comps 9.24B.
1 – OCEAN/WARDEN MAGES *OP*
WHAT IS OCEAN/WARDEN MAGES TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.24B?
This TFT Team Comp 9.24B is based on Brand and Amumu. We want mages and ocean in as our main source of damage throughout the game and to have a strong warden frontline to provide crowd control in order to let brand get off as many ults as possible before dying. After a minor buff to Brand and the introduction of Amumu, this TFT team comp seems to be one of the strongest in the current TFT meta.
Later in the game when we reach level 8 we can get Inferno or Ocean Lux for an added synergy bonus in order to complete our final TFT comp.
- Unstoppable in mid game and strong late game, very high burst damage.
- It can be forced in almost any game.
- Requires specific champions or items to counter that don’t really help against other TFT meta comps.
- Very flexible and open to transitions (example: Taliyah/Malphite fit well)
- Weak early game without an upgraded Vladimir.
- Highly contest in a lot of games making it hard to upgrade Brand.
- 4 Mystics can really shutdown this TFT comp in the late game.
- If you get an early upgraded Vladimir level up to 4 at stage 2-1 and then to 5 after the first carousel.
- Try to conserve your economy until wolves.
- Level up to 7 and roll to try and find Brand and Amumu.
- This build is flexible in terms of what you put in, try and experiment with things like 4 wardens or summoners and see what works best for you.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR OCEAN / WARDEN TEAM COMP:
- Brand – Rabbadons Deathcap x2, Seraph’s Embrace.
- Nami – Morello, Spear of Sojin
- Amumu – Thornmail
2 – BLENDER ASSASSIN/BLADEMASTER
WHAT IS BLENDER ASSASSIN/BLADEMASTER TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.24B?
This TFT Team Comp 9.24B is based on Nocturne and Sivir. She plays a more supportive role excluding the enemy team and she gives time to the main carry on killing the enemy backline. After a few minor buffs and a Phantom Dancer nerf, this team comp seems to be one of the strongest in the current TFT meta.
Later in the game on level 8 we can get Janna and look for Master Yi to exchange him with Aatrox, which will give us additional Mystic synergy.
Btw – In Teamfight Tactics we are calling Nocturne as Blender
- Unstoppable in mid game, properly folded will win every composition in TFT meta 9.24B
- It can be cast in almost any game.
- After the Phantom Dancer nerf, it cannot be countered.
- The game will end with fast top 8 if we don’t get Spatula.
- The most difficult of the compositions in the current TFT meta, requires a lot of scouting your enemies, good positioning and experience.
- Spare gold to 6lvl and only then roll for units.
- You must lose a lot of hp in the early game to be the first on the carousel and get the necessary items.
- When there are no other Blender players try to roll for Sivir and 3 star Nocturne on lvl 7.
- You must be very careful and carefully watch your enemies, when your team comp begins to do something, you will have less than half of your health points.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT BLENDER ASSASSIN/BLADEMASTER TEAM COMP :
- Nocturne – Blade of the Ruined King, 2x Infinite Edge
- Sivir – Hush, Red Buff, Sword Breaker
- Qyianna – Thief’s Gloves
3 – HYPERROLL PREDATORS
WHAT IS HYPERROLL PREDATORS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.24B?
Another of our TFT 9.24B team comp is Hyperroll Predators, which you could meet in a similar setting in the previous patch.
After the nerf of Phantom Dancer, Crystal synergy, thanks to its damage reduction, became the only counterattack on Assasins, which made this team comp more commonly found. The additional synergy of Steel and Poison, provides a large dose of strength to our champions and gives us a lot of time to kill the enemy units.
If we can find Crystal or Steel Lux, we can add it at level 8, thanks to which we will provide even greater damage reduction for our units.
- If we hit our 3 star units, we’ll be unstoppable throughout the mid game.
- Very strong synergies that counter many compositions.
- This team comp has very high damage and resistance.
- Hyperroll is a very risky tactic, if you don’t hit level 3 units, it can be hard to get top4.
- Many people play this tactic, which makes Predators contested and it can be hard to find them.
- Spending a lot of gold on rolling in the early stages of the game, could be a problem finding Singed, which can only be found from level 7.
- It’s worth paying special attention to this build when we get a lot of Predators at the beginning.
- Try to keep a good economy in the early game to have a lot of gold for hyperrolling.
- If you don’t hit all units, don’t spend gold every turn, just try to collect more to get extra gold from the economy.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR HYPERROL PREDATORS TEAM COMP:
- Singed – Morellonomicon, Dragon Claw
- Ashe – 3x Statikk Shiv
- Skarner – Thornmail, Iceborn Gauntlet, Ionic Spark
4 – ZED
WHAT IS ZED TEAM COMP IN TFT META 9.24B?
The last of the compositions in current TFT 9.24B meta is Zed played with any synergies. If we have perfect items on it so that he can use his skill many times, he will fill the entire board in his clones. Such synergies as Mystic, Summoner or Poison will make it much easier for him, providing additional survivability or making it difficult to use skills for enemies.
It works especially well with 4 Electric, but for this we need Electric Lux, which is quite difficult to get.
- Only Zed requires specific items, the rest of the items do not matter.
- Without silence, the enemy will not be able to kill our summons.
- Very strong composition, almost unstoppable in late game.
- Weak early and middle game in current TFT meta.
- Requires at least Zed for level 2 with legendary units, which can be hard to find.
- Don’t spend gold up to 8lvl unless you’re too behind and you lose too much hp.
- Try to collect all legendary units, in particular Zed, and complete the compositions with those you will find on level 2.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT ZED TEAM COMP:
- Zed – Guardian Angel, Redemption, Dragon Claw
At the moment, that’s all about the current TFT meta in patch 9.24B. Overall the nerfs and buffs feel like they really helped balance out the game and provide a good opportunity for comp diversity to flourish in the coming weeks we will probably see some counter comps to mages and maybe even a new rangers comp become meta. A lot of these TFT patch 9.24B Teamcomps and set 2 in general require smart pivoting and flexibilty, if you need help with some of these skills feel free to stop by for some coaching and stay with us as we will keep you updated on the best team comps in Teamfight Tactics patch 9.24B.