New TFT meta in patch 9.16
EDIT 20.11 – Information about Patch 9.24B is now available!
Patch 9.16 has been officially released at Tamfight Tactics servers. It introduced plenty of changing in the field of TFT meta. New synergy and 4 additional units have been added to the gameplay. What’s more, a bunch of nerfs and buffs and having Demons and Hush performance changed turned the TFT meta upside down. Today we introduce 5 things that one have to pay attention to in 9.16 patch and the best team comps in current TFT meta. Our remarks are based on the experience of our coaches and observations of the best player’s gameplays.
1 – NEW HEXTECH CHAMPIONS
IS IT WORTH PLAYING 4 HEXTECH CHAMPIONS? –
Patch 9.16 introduced completely new Hextech synergy, which is based on tidal blocking of opponent’s items. Accordingly to our assumptions, it introduced plenty of mess to the TFT meta. Two champions with a bonus hextech will always find it’s place in almost every composition. However, playing four Hextech champions is practically unprofitable, as all units have different classes and do not interact with each other.
BEST HEXTECH TEAM COMP IN TFT
Adding 2 additional Hextech units – Jinx & Camille – to the composition of Gunslingers and Blademasters will bring very good results. Jinx guarantees tremendous amount of damage and the rest can receive the damage from enemy providing themselves additional damage dealt to enemies at the same time. Below you can see an example of the best Hextech comp in the TFT meta.
- Tremendous amount of damage due to Blademaster synergy and the strength of single units
- Two of Hextech champs temporarily turn off opponent’s items what gives Jinx time to spin herself up.
- Quick elimination of Jinx probably end up lost game
- The most important thing is to build up Blade of The Ruined King on Jinx.
- Before you find Yasuo you can try to play with Fiora.
- Miss Fortune is not required in this comp. However, if you manage to get level 8, her presence on the board will surely have an impact.
- Set your units with items far away from each other to prevent your enemy with Hextech synergy to get rid of all your items.
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Jinx – Blade of The Ruined King, Infinity Edge, Runaan’s Hurricane
- Yasuo – Red Buff, Seraph’s Embrance
- Miss Fortune – Darkin, Rabadon’s Deathcap
2 – DEMON CHANGES
WILL THE DEMONS RETURN TO THE TFT META? –
Patch 9.16 brought changings in Demons synergy. From now, on every mana burn death to an enemy unit will restore a certain amount of mana for our form. This is quite a showpiece, especially since Demons rely heavily on their abilities, so this change can cause them to be able to use them much more frequently. It caused that Demons returned officially the current TFT meta.
BEST DEMON TEAM COMP IN TFT
Demons and Shapeshifters’ connection is currently very strong. It’s true that it requires Swain to make it up but unfortunately, without him the composition loses significantly. Gnar or Swain are able to survive for very long time in combat while Brand and the rest Demons champs guarantee appropriate amount of damage.
- Shapeshifter’s bonus provide durability for the strongest units
- Demons new synergy pulls its weight very well and allows them to load mana faster
- Requires Swain which is 5 tier unit, probably hard to find.
- Recently very strong Hush handicaps heavily proper working of this composition
- Level up early and aggressively to escalate your chance to hit Swain
- In the early phase use any strong composition (Brawlers, Noble) to survive first fights.
- Collect all necessary units on your bench
- Having four Demons you can start thinking about creating concrete compositions
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Swain – Guardian Angel. Morellonomicon
- Brand – Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Rabadon’s Deathcap
3 – VOLIBEAR AND BRAWLERS COMP
THE RETURN OF THE VOLIBEAR? –
Patch 9.16 introduced new unit with Brawler’s synergy and developed their bonus to 6 characters, giving them additionally as many as 1000 HP. As we expected it caused Brawlers return to TFT meta. Currently it is played with 6 of them along with one carry champion alike Jinx or Draven
BEST BRAWLER TEAM COMP IN TFT
Simply purchase all six units from the Brawler synergy to get the maximum bonus. Additionally, it is enough to have Jinx or Draven geared up with items to make this composition very strong at this moment.
Additionally, Jinx or Draven geared up with items is enough. At this time, this composition becomes really strong.
- 6 Brawlers are able to survive great amount of damage
- One carry unit is enough, the rest of the damage provided by Brawlers
- When your carry dies too fast, it would be really difficult to win a game.
- WIthout relevant items this team comp would be missing some damage.
- Start from Brawlers at the very beginning of a game, you can add units to them which you improved already.
- you can choose between Jinx or Draven. However, it is Jinx who provide Hextech bonus so it remains a better pick.
- The items which are already bounded to Jinx or Draven you can surely build up on champs, which you are planning to get rid of.
- At 8th level, you can add Miss Fortune or Yasuo (dependable if your carry is Jinx or Draven)
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Jinx/Draven – Infinity Edge, Runaan’s Hurricane, Rapid Fire Cannon
- Volibear – Cursed Blade, Hush
- Cho’Gath – Morellonomicon, Guardian Angel
4 – SORCERERS STILL ON TOP
ARE THE SORCERERS STILL WORTH TO PLAY? –
Surprisingly very strong Sorcerers will not see any nerfs in patch 9. 16. A bit weaker will be only Karthus, but Ahri will see a buff. The other champions will not change. This of course makes the Sorcerer team comp combinations still very strong in the 9. 16 patch.
BEST SORCERER TEAM COMP IN TFT
The combination of Sorcerer and Yordle will be very strong in the upcoming 9. 16 patch. Kennen and Karthus will deal the main damage, while Gnar will make the composition more survivable. An additional advantage will also be the golem called thanks to the synergy of Elementalist.
- Fair amount of area damage
- additional unit in the form of Golem due to Elementalist’s synergy
Could be countered easily with Hush item or by Demons or Dragon claw item
- Start the game using good beginning compositions like Noble and upgraded units
- In the middle game you can use composition three Sorcerers and Yordles, later on, add successively suitable units
- You can use such units like Lulu or Lissandra before you purchase Anivia or Khartus
- Darkin on Khartus provides additional Demons synergy along with Brand
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Kennen – Morellonomicon, Guardian Angel, Dragon’s Claw
- Khartus – Darkin, Rabadon’s Deathcap
5 – RANGERS AND STATIKK SHIV
WILL THE RANGERS BE GOOD AT THE UPCOMING TFT META? –
Unfortunately, it is mainly the weakness of Statikk Shiv that will make the Rangers weaker in the upcoming patch. From now on, this item will hit only 3 targets, which may seem trivial, but in the long run it will cause units to lose a lot of damage. Compositions with the Rangers will still be playable, but they will lose strength in the new meta significantly.
BEST RANGER TEAM COMP IN TFT
Instead of playing combinations of Rangers we recommend very strong composition based on Nobles and 2 Imperials, It is currently one of the best composition in TFT meta. Noble Bonus provides very fair dose of vitality and the majority of units have very strong basic damage. Despite the nerfs, it’s still very strong.
- Noble bonus provides astonishing durability for the whole comp
- Majority of the units has very strong basic damage and strong abilities
- For full composition performance all 6 Nobles are required which might be an obstacle considering the rareness of Kayle.
- Level up early to escalate your chances to find all Noble units
- Gain Spatulas and Recurve Bow to build up Blade of The Ruined King on Kayle
- Instead of Draven + Swain you can use Jinx + Vi alternatively
THE BEST ITEMS:
- Draven – Rapid Fire Cannon, Runaan’s Hurricane, Bloodthirster
- Swain – Guardian Angel, Morellonomicon
- Kayle – Blade of The Ruined King, Spear of Shojin
It is all about the current TFT meta. If there will be any new significant changes we will inform you on an ongoing basis what is the strongest or to what you should pay attention to. If you are interested in learning to play in practice to winning more games. Read about our individual lessons offer with a challenger player.