New TFT meta in Patch 10.8
We have relased article about new Patch 10.11
Check out NEW POST TFT NEW META AND TEAM COMPS
Hey there! I’m Piotr, a seasoned TFT Coach and a Challenger Player.
The mid-april TFT patch 10.8 has is finally there, with a lot of changes! Thanks Mort. We’ve got two new galaxies, a new hero – Xerath, and changes to balance including players damage. The TFT meta 10.8 haven’t fully been explored, but we have prepared what we currently believe are one of the strongest contenders for the Best TFT Team Comp spot. Use them before others figure how strong they are and climb up your rank!
1 – S TIER STAR GUARDIANS
WHAT IS STAR GUARDIANS COMP IN TFT META 10.8?
This TFT Team Comp 10.8 got extremely overbuffed. It used to be strong, but now with buffs to majority of its units – Syndra, Soraka and Sorcerer trait buff, Star Guardians became THE composition to play. Syndra is the usual carry of the comp, but as the composition can be highly contested you can focus on itemizing Ahri or Vel’koz. When playing it you want to prioritize itemizing Neeko and getting seraph’s embrace for your carry.
Level 7 and Level 8 open you to possibilities such as: another TFT Mystic to counter up enemy sorcerers and possibly Vel’Koz to reach for 4 sorcerers.
This composition is now beyond broken, so as long as it’s not contested by everyone, and as long as you get some tears of the goddess you should be having a blast winning with it.
Example TFT Star Guardians comp below:
- Strong all game, as it’s able to reach for it’s first major units (Ahri, Syndra) and first trait buffs (Star Guardians 3, Sorcerer 2) very quickly.
- Fairly easy to pilot and position.
- Very fun to play, it’s entertaining to see Syndra stack up balls.
- Consistently strong, able to go Top4 even if highly contested.
- Struggles without Seraph’s Embrace.
- Might be played by a lot of other players.
- Hard countered by 4 mystics.
- Has almost no use for some components such as Recurve Bow.
- If you are bleeding HP a lot, you can stay on level 7 to roll for upgrades.
- Prioritize itemizing Neeko.
- Grab a tear whenever you can!
THE BEST ITEMS FOR STAR GUARDIANS TEAM COMP:
- Neeko – Ionic Spark, Morellonomicon, Guardian Angel
- Syndra – Seraph’s Embrace, Chalice of Favor, Jewelled Gauntlet
2 – S TIER MECH INFILTRATORS
WHAT IS MECH INFILTRATORS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.8?
This TFT Team Comp 10.8 haven’t been nerfed too hard, so it keeps it’s spot up there as one of the best compositions in game. Shaco got slightly worse, but he can still do well, although your item priority should be on the Mech Pilots and Kaisa. When playing this composition you want to get your synergies ASAP, so slow rolling on level 6 or getting 7 quickly is your priority.
Once you’ve got Mechs, getting the Valkyrie trait is your next goal. To achieve Top1 with TFT Mech Infiltrators you should build Demolitionist enabler on your Kaisa whenever possible.
- Early Fizz can snowball your game out of control.
- Nearly unbeatable with Kaisa 3 demolitionist, that you can get fairly often.
- It’s units are rather uncontested outside of Mech Pilot comps, so if you’re the only person in the game going for it you’ll be able to 3star most units.
- Highly dependant on getting Fizz.
- Might have a hard time achieving Top1 without Demolitionist Kaisa.
- A lot of people might play it in current TFT meta.
- Slow rolling on level 6 is what you usually do – slow rolling is defined as rolling all your gold above 50.
- Prioritize your Kaisa and Rumble items over Shaco.
- Kaisa will put Morellonomicon debuff on nearly all your enemies!
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT MECH INFILTRATORS TEAM COMP :
- Kaisa – Demolitionist item, Morellonomicon, Seraph’s Embrace
- Rumble – Quicksilver Sash, Bramble Vest, Titan’s Resolve
- Shaco – Bloodthirster, Guardian Angel, Infinity Edge
3 – A TIER BLADEMASTERS!
WHAT’S UP WITH BLADEMASTERS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.8?
Last patch an interesting composition emerged, with Yi and Yasuo being used as the main carries. TFT 10.8 Meta is shaping up to make this composition even better, with the possibility of switching your gameplan from three starrying Yasuo to putting another Guinsoo on Kayle instead, reaching for 6 Blademasters.
Master Yi deals insane amounts of damage and by the changes of RFC (Two recurve bows, if you don’t remember!) he can also be played from safety, the third row of your board. Guinsoo’s improve everything about Yi, both his damage and healing allowing him to shred through any tank within seconds.
- More than one main carry.
- Fairly uncontested units, easy to 3star Yi in TFT 10.8 Meta.
- Flexible, as it can either focus on Yasuo or Kayle as the secondary carry.
- Cannot win without Guinsoo’s Rageblade, will struggle without QSS or RFC or both on Yi.
- If contested, might end up 8.
- Requires some thought with positioning.
- Requires you to be flexible with how you build you compositions, as you have to think of whether to play Yasuo or transition into Kayle.
- Get Celestial and Mana-Reaver by level 7 with Kassadin.
- Prioritize Recurve Bows during the carousel.
THE BEST ITEMS FOR BLADEMASTERS TEAM COMP:
- Master Yi – Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Quicksilver Sash, Rapid Fire Cannon
- Kayle – Guinsoo’s Rageblade, Guardian Angel
4 – A TIER JHIN DARKSTARS
WHAT IS JHIN DARKSTARS TEAM COMP IN TFT META 10.8?
This TFT Team Comp 10.8 focuses around Jhin. This composition is surprisingly good this patch, with new galaxies such as the one that allows you to reroll for free once a turn, getting 6 dark stars shouldn’t be that difficult.
The comp is also flexible, as in case you cannot go for 6 darkstars you can pivot into Vanguards/Mystics still to make use of Jhin being strong even without the dark star bonus.
Darkstars are now also more consistent due to Xerath being added as a 5 cost, providing Darkstars another late game carry to add into the composition.
Example TFT Jhin Darkstars comp below:
- Multiple strong units, some of them usually uncontested like Mordekaiser.
- Jhin is a lot of fun to watch, as he can oneshot even tankiest of tanks.
- Suprisingly flexible.
- Dependant on Jhin.
- Hard time against infiltrators and other compositions that can negate Jhin.
- You need to understand the game well to be able to know when to transition from Vanguards to Dark stars if thats how you start.
- Last Whisper is as good as Infinity Edge, if you do not have IE ingredients for Jhin, no worries!
- 3 Starring Mordekaiser can snowball the game in your favour!
- RH on Jhin helps him proc his passive faster!
THE BEST ITEMS FOR TFT JHIN DARKSTARS TEAM COMP:
- Jhin – Infinity Edge, Guardian Angel, Runaan’s Hurricane
- Mordekaiser – Bramble Vest, Ionic Spark, Dragon Claw
TFT 10.8 Meta is currently being explored, so many powerful compositions can still emerge. Meanwhile, Syndras, Jhins, Yis and some other powerful units suggested above can help you build a team that can climb the ranks for you! It’s an exciting patch with not only a lot of changes, but also two new galaxies, so that should keep the game fresh for a while. If you enjoyed our TFT Meta Tierlist – remember you can book a 👉 TFT Coaching Session 👈with one of several challenger players.
Here are examples of our Coaching: