How to Jungle in League of Legeds
Jungle has always been known to be the role with the biggest impact on the game. However, playing on this position is not as simple as it might seem. My name is Musialinio and today I will try to introduce you to the basics of the jungle game in which I have been playing since season 3.
1 – PICK THE RIGHT JUNGLER
Every game starts with a big decision — what champion do I pick? This may sound redundant, but there’s potentially more importance placed on the jungler you pick than any other role because it signals how much impact you’ll have on the entire map and when.
We recommend early game champions, to have an impact on the game from the beginning. But the most important is to choose something similar to our playstyle to have fun while winning.
- Early / Mid-focused: Elise / Lee Sin / Rek’Sai
- Late-focused: Kha’Zix / Ekko / Karthus / Taliyah
- Supportive: Nunu / Sejuani
These are the best jungle picks in Patch 9.20.
2 – SELECT JUNGLE RUNES
3 – PICK CORRECT JUNGLE ITEMS
Good item build is the first step to winning. At the beginning of the game you can choose:
- Hunter’s Machete – Increases damage from basic attacks against monsters. Recommended for AD junglers, who use a lot of Auto Attacks.
- Hunter’s Talisman – Increases your mana regeneration while you’re in the jungle and damage from skills. Recommended for AP junglers and champions who have mana and clear problems).
- Skirmisher’s Sabre – In short red smite. Dedicated to junglers who looking for 1 vs 1 fights.
- Stalker’s Blade – In short blue smite. Dedicated to junglers who want to have a bonus slow and be more mobile.
4 – THINK ABOUT ROUTE OF ENEMY JUNGLER
Predicting the route of an enemy jungler is one of the most important things for you and your team. Information about where the jungler starts will allow us to predict which way he will go and which lane is exposed to the first gank.
- At the start of the game check which of enemy lanes was helping jungler
- Think about where enemy jungler is and what he is doing
- Ping it!!
5 – WHERE TO START
Start by taking on one of the red or blue monsters early in the game.
The choice of the first camp depends mainly on which lane you want to gank first. For example, if you see that the enemy Top Laner plays a champion without escape, you will start from the bottom. Thanks to this, after hitting the 3rd level, you’ll be in a position to have a great gank on this guy.
- Ask your Bot lane / Top lane for help.
- Don’t use smite for the first camp (use it for 2rd, because when you have lvl 2 smite healing and doing more dmg).
6 – WHICH JUNGLE CAMPS TO DO NEXT
There are many techniques for the first jungle rout. It depends mainly on what we want to do and which champion we play. Generally, the most important thing is to hit level 3 as soon as possible and gank one of the lanes.
Below are some examples of jungle routes:
- Red buff → Golems → Raptors → Gank mid → Blue = Fast gank route ► (When you see an opportunity for ganking)
- Red buff → Golems → Raptors → Blue → Crab→ Gromp → Wolves = Full clear ► (When you are playing farming jungler)
- Blue buff → Gromp → Wolves → Red buff → Gank / Crab = Fast gank route ► (When you see an opportunity for gank)
- Blue buff → > Gromp → Wolves → Raptors → Red buff → Gank / Crab = Late gank route ► (When you don’t see an opportunity for gank)
7 – GANKING ENEMY TEAM
When you hit already level 3, it’s time for the gank! There is one rule in soloQ, the jungler who ganks more wins the game. Focus on frequent ganking opponents, but remember to find a balance and not forget about an important farm.
- A good time for a gank is when the enemy doesn’t expect you.
- Try to wait for the fight and then go in.
- After a successful gank you need to push minions with your teammates on the tower, thanks to this the enemy will lose some minions and your teammates will have the great recall to the base.
- After ganking its good to hide in the jungle, and take 1/2 camps before the next gank (so enemy don’t know where you are).
8 – PINGS AND GANKS PREDICTS
People don’t realize how important it is to ping, think about what enemy jungler is doing and where he can be.
In addition to ganking and killing, the role of the jungler is also to warn your lanes of potential danger. Anticipate the enemy’s moves and ping your team’s threat. Even if you have a premonition where the enemy junlger may be, it often turns out to be true.
- If you have a premonition, spam red pings to your teammates (if someone trash talks to you just mute him).
9 – WARDING AS JUNGLER
Another form of help is also warding. In addition to buying control wards, remember to use trinkets that will help your teammates be safe. Examples wards:
- Wards on the river.
- Wards in the bush near the lane.
- Wards in the enemy jungle.
- Control Wards on the river.
10 – EPIC MONSTERS
Taking objectives like dragons, herald or baron is daily bread for every jungler.
Taking dragons is very important, the sooner we start killing them all the better. Their buffs will help us to snowball the game and make it easier to take the baron. As a result, the baron buff will help us to finish the game.
- Ocean Dragon – The best buff for early game and useless for mid/late game (by HP and Mana regen, helps the team on the laning phase).
- Mountain Dragon– The best buff for ending game (helps take fast baron).
- Infernal Dragon – The best buff for snowball (% AD and AD bonus).
- Cloud Dragon – Always useful.
- Elder Dragon – OP True DMG bonus (spawning in 35min).
- Rift Herald – Great to grab extra towers.
- Baron Nashor – Thanks to him, you can easily finish the game by siege (most important Epic Monster).
It was only 10 basic rules of the jungle game. If you want to learn more, feel free to check our coaching offer in the one-on-one system. Link bellow!