Legends of Runeterra – Best Fiora Decks
Hey there!! I am AkeetheGreat [Master’s Player and LoR Coach] and this article will have everything you need to know about how to build, play, and counter the best Fiora decks. Fiora is perhaps the most well designed champion, so I hope you are able to find (or build) a fun deck that features her! Keep these tips in mind as you make and play your LOR Fiora deck.
HOW TO BUILD THE BEST FIORA DECKS
Fiora is an odd card in Legends of Runeterra because she does not fit into a specific archetype. Often, it is midrange decks that end up running Fiora and many of the best Fiora decks are midrange strategies. However, Fiora herself is not really a midrange card in LOR. She has an alternate win condition that involves her killing 4 of the opponent’s units without dying.
When building a Fiora deck, there are two things that your deck needs:
- Cards that can keep Fiora alive – A 3/3 unit will not be able to kill 4 units without some buffs in LOR. Demacia has some helpful buffs like Radiant Strike, Chain Vest, and Prismatic Barrier so some of those should absolutely be included in your Fiora Deck. But there are some other options in Freljord and Ionia. Freljord has Take Heart, Fury of the North, and Elixer of Iron, while Ionia has Twin Disciplines, Spirit’s Refuge, and even Deny!
- Cards that allow Fiora to kill units faster – When you have Fiora out on the field, your opponent will not want to attack into it if they think you will be able to trade with Fiora. As a result, you need ways of allowing Fiora to more efficiently kill units. The two best cards for this are Single Combat and Rally which are both Demacia cards. Regardless of anything else, your deck will not be one of the best Fiora decks if it does not have 3 copies of Single Combat.
HOW TO PLAY THE BEST FIORA DECKS
Deck Code: CEBAKAIACIKRUKZNAQAQECIMEU4QIAYBAABQSDIBAEBBMAICAIEQCAQABAAQCAICGE
This is a Fiora deck I made myself! I consider it one of the best LOR Fiora decks and I was able to hit Masters with it last season.
Fiora decks come in a few different forms. Freljord Fiora decks, Ionia Combo Fiora decks, and Demacia Midrange Fiora decks all play differently. However, there are a few rules that any Fiora deck player should know.
- Save your cards like Rally and Single Combat for the last 1 or 2 attacks Fiora needs to make to win the game. The reason for this is that you want to surprise your opponent with the last couple of Fiora triggers. If your opponent knows in advance that your Fiora is about to win, they will set up ways to ensure your Fiora cannot get a good attack in.
- Don’t play Fiora without a way to defend her from potential removal. If you expect that your opponent has a Grasp of the Undying, for example, you should make sure that you have enough Spell Mana to play Chain Vest from your hand on the turn that you play Fiora.
HOW TO COUNTER FIORA DECKS
Countering a Fiora deck might seem quite simple given that all you need to do is kill Fiora somehow. But Fiora decks inevitably have ways to keep their Fiora alive in almost every circumstance. The best way to counter a Fiora deck is to expect the cards it will use to protect her. Here is a handy guide for figuring out the relevant Fiora tools for each region!
- Demacia Fiora Deck – Single Combat, Radiant Strike, Chain Vest, Rally, Back to Back, Riposte, Prismatic Barrier, Ranger’s Resolve, Brightsteel Protector, Laurent Protege
- Freljord Fiora Deck – Entreat (always pulls Fiora which turns into a Riposte if Fiora is already out on the field), Elixer of Iron, Take Heart, Fury of the North, Kindly Tavernkeeper, Brittle Steel
- Ionia Fiora Deck – Twin Disciplines, Deny, Spirit’s Refuge
When your opponent runs out of mana to sufficiently deal with your removal option, you know that you have a guaranteed kill on the opposing Fiora. If you don’t make absolute sure that you will be uncontested, your opponent may easily win the game. This is good advice for playing against almost any deck in Legends of Runeterra, but specifically against the best Fiora decks.
Note: Most aggro decks do not have removal to deal with Fiora. Another way to beat a Fiora deck is by overwhelming it with tempo. However, that is much harder than using removal.
Fiora is my favorite champion in Legends of Runeterra and I think the best Fiora decks can be some of the most fun you can have in LOR! Try existing Fiora strategies like Demacia Midrange and then try to make your own Fiora deck when you feel comfortable enough. Legends of Runeterra’s champions make the game so much more interesting and Fiora is interesting among them. Good luck with your Fiora deck!
Click here if you want live feedback from a Professional Coach on your expedition gameplay, try my one-on-one coaching! 👉 Legends of Runeterra Coaching 👈
Here are examples of my LOR Coaching: