How to play Reyna in Valorant
Reyna is the new Duelist healer Agent in Valorant that came to the game with Patch 1.0! Based on our current knowledge of the meta in Valorant, the understanding of the game in general, and many hours of analyzing we can finally guide you on how to play Reyna!
First of all, I must start with the fact that Reyna is not overpowered as many people are saying. It is similar situation to what happened with Jett and Raze at the beginning of the game.
What I mean is that you could create insane clips with them, but at the end of the day, both of these Agents were useless for the team – Jett ended up occupying the lowest tier in Valorant meta.
Check out our new article about meta [Valorant Meta and Best Characters].
How to play Reyna– Agent skills:
LEER (C – 200 credits)
Reyna leer goes through walls and grants Paranoia to anyone that looks at it. She is not affected by her own ethereal eye so you can push an enemy right after you use this ability.
Although you have to be careful – the ethereal eye is destructible. Right after en enemy will destroy it the Paranoia effect will disappear and you might be an easy target. That is why knowing how to throw leer is so important.
🔥 TIPS FOR REYNA LEER SKILL 🔥
- You can throw leer through the wall which allows you to flash not only for yourself but also for your teammates.
- Leer blinds enemies only if they are looking at the orb so you can’t push enemy Agents after they destroyed the orb.
- You can use Reyna’s Leer in places where normal flashes can not go in – for example, you can throw it from Short on Bind, toward the lamps.
- Use Leer not only to kill someone but also to take control of some very important places on the map, like for example mid in the new map – Ascent.
DEVOUR (Q – 100 credits)
To be able to use this ability you have to kill an enemy first and consume a Soul Orb that enemies killed by Reyna leave behind. After using Devour Reyna will instantly consume a nearby soul orb and rapidly heal for a short duration. You can overheal to 150 HP!
Health gained through this skill exceeding 100 will decay over time. This is why right after using it try to push another enemy as fast as possible, to get the most value out of your extra 50 HP. But be careful, do not over peek too much just to consume a Soul Orb. Sometimes it is better to stay alive with low HP than use an ability in a risky way.
🔥 TIPS FOR REYNA DEVOUR SKILL 🔥
- Soul Orbs last for 3 seconds. During this time you have to decide if you want to use your “E” or “Q” ability!
- When Empress is active, Devour will always automatically cast and consume the Soul Orb, so it will be overhealing Reyna right after getting a kill.
- Try to not over peek and put yourself in 1v2 situation. Knowing how to peek might be a crucial thing if you want to play Reyna, allowing you to fight 1v1 and heal up after every single fight even in a 1v5 clutch.
Learn more about [How to Peek in Valorant like a PRO]
DISMISS (E – free)
This ability is in theory free but in practice, you have to buy Devour to use Dismiss. After using it Reyna is instantly consuming a nearby Soul Orb and becoming intangible for 4 seconds.
Dismiss might be helpful for example when you over peeked and healing up with Devour will still not help you in situation 1v3. Then you can use Dismiss to retreat and put yourself in a better position to fight. Knowing how to balance between Devour and Dismiss is a key to understand how to play Reyna.
🔥 TIPS FOR REYNA DISMISS SKILL 🔥
- Same as with Devour – do not over peek just to consume a Soul Orb.
- If you playing solo on bombsite try to use Dismiss to slow down your enemies what will give your teammates some extra time to rotate.
- Dismiss while using Empress will not only give Reyna intangibility but also will make her invisible for a short period of time. Of course, Reyna can’t shoot while using it.
Learn how to winstreak with Reyna with our [Valorant Coach]
EMPRESS (x – six ultimate orbs)
When using Empress all enemies are outlined in red while Reyna gains Combat Stim. Empress duration refreshes upon a kill. This ability is made to play aggressively with it! If you are not a good entry fragger this Agent might not fit your gameplay.
Empress is surely a strong ultimate, but it’s doesn’t make Reyna immortal. You shouldn’t rush recklessly while using it because enemies can still kill you very easily. Mainly good aimers and entry fraggers will be able to fully utilize Reyna’s kit.
🔥 TIPS FOR REYNA EMPRESS SKILL 🔥
- When you charge up enough ultimate orbs for the Empress, you can try to play with unpopular Heavy weapons – Odin and Ares!
- The duration of the Empress is 30 seconds and its refreshing upon a kill so you can turn it on at the beginning of the round.
- You need only 6 ultimate orbs to use the Empress, which is why you should use Reyna’s ultimate right after you manage to get 6 of them.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR REYNA VALORANT
- Reyna is a typical self-sufficient fragger whose team expects to seek out engagements first. You have to be aggressive while playing Reyna.
- Reyna without kills is useless for the team, which is why if you do not feel confident as an entry fragger, you might have a hard time trying to master Reyna.
I hope that after reading this guide you can understand why Reyna will reward mostly good players. That is why knowing how to play Reyna from the beginning will be very important if you would like to climb rank in Valorant with this Agent. Remember that [Valorant Coach] might help you with that! 🙂
Examples of my Valorant Coaching: