How to play Raze in Valorant
Raze is the most aggressive Agent in Valorant! For some people, for others Raze is overrated. In todays article I will try to solve this conflict and show you how to play Raze!
Raze was the first new Agent in a game that came to Valorant during the closed beta. From the beginning, people were saying that she is an unbalanced overpowered duelist champion. Because of that Riot decided to nerf her.
Even now people complain about Raze. The main issue is the fact that Raze abilities are able to kill an enemy with ease, although it happens mostly on lower ranks.
In today’s article I will try to show you how to play Raze, how to use her abilities to gain as many kills as possible, and what is her place in the Valorant Meta!
Check out our new article about [Valorant Meta and Best Characters].
How to play Raze – Agent skills:
BOOM BOT (C – 200 credits)
The Boom Bot will lock on to any enemies in its frontal cone and chase them, exploding for heavy damage if it reaches them. This is why you should use it to check if the enemy is behind the corners or a smoke.
The Boom Bot can be destroyed by enemies but it is not that easy, especially during eco and pistol rounds. Raze is one of the strongest Valorant Agents when it comes to pistol rounds.
🔥 TIPS FOR RAZE BOOM BOT SKILL 🔥
- Boom Bot might provide information about an enemy player position, but you have to be careful – everyone can hear the Bot from miles away, so most of the time you will also reveal your position.
- Try to peek right after throwing Boom Bot, or right after the bot starts chasing someone – enemy might aim at the bot instead of pre aiming at your position.
- Throw a Boom Bot to check if someone is camping behind a smoke. After the bot will find someone you can throw a grenade towards the enemy position.
- Boom Bot can bounce off the walls, so you should not peek the position which you want to check out.
Learn more about [How to Peek in Valorant like a PRO]
BLAST PACK (Q – 200 credits)
You can use Blast Pack in many different ways, depending on the situation. You can use it to boost yourself in the air allowing you to camp at an otherwise unreachable spots, you can use it to rotate or push faster or even to deal damage to an enemy.
Blast Pack is one of the reasons why playing Raze is such fun! The mobility that Raze has because of this ability is incredible. Understanding how to use it is very important if you want to know how to play Raze.
🔥 TIPS FOR RAZE BLAST PACK SKILL 🔥
- Always use it right to boost yourself into the sky if you want to use your ultimate – you will be harder to target.
- Blast Pack can not hurt you but your teammates can die because of it, so be careful where you throw it!
- Explosion of Blast Pack might boost Boom Bot a little bit so it can reach higher places.
- You can throw Blast Pack to destroy Cypher traps or Sage walls.
Learn how to play with Raze Blast Pack with our [Valorant Coach]
PAINT SHELLS (E – free)
Paint Shells is the ability to throw a cluster grenade which deals damage and creates sub-munitions, each of them exploding and dealing further damage. If you are lucky you can kill more than one enemy with it.
That is the easiest ability to get a kill in the entire game. Knowing where to throw a Pain Shells might be a key to get a lot of free frags. To make it easier you can combine your grenade with Sage Slow Orb or Breach Stun!
🔥 TIPS FOR RAZE PAINT SHELLS SKILL 🔥
- You can throw Paint Shells at the beginning of the round at the most often occupied places (for example into the market on the middle on map Split.
- You can throw Paint Shells grenade through the portal on the Bind map (same as the Boom Bot or Blast Packs). This way you will be able to grab some free frags in the window on B.
- After two kills you will receive an extra grenade, so knowing how to play Raze aggressively will reward you a lot!
- Throw the Paint Shells to slow down an enemy team push.
SHOWSTOPPER (x – six ultimate orbs)
Her ultimate is a rocket launcher that will kill everyone near to the explosion of its projectile. It’s best to use Showstopper in closed areas with no space to escape it.
In contrast to the other guns you don’t have to stay still while using Showstopper. You can boost yourself into the sky with a Blast Pack, to surprise the enemy.
🔥 TIPS FOR RAZE SHOWSTOPPER SKILL 🔥
- Try to use Raze ultimate close to the most popular places that the enemy frequently attends or when you are sure that they are right behind the corner. Otherwise, they will run away and try to hide right after they hear you using Showstopper.
- You can use Showstopper and hold an angle, and then use it at the very end of the Showstopper’s working duration.
- You can use Showstopper to slow down enemy push.
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR RAZE VALORANT
- Raze is not bad in defense. You can try to hold some closed areas or deal damage at the beginning of the round with your grenades. It is important to not use all abilities too fast. Wait for the enemy team to make a move first.
- Her abilities are strong, but not their purpose is not to help your own team directly. You have to be selfish with Raze – the best way you can help your team is through getting as many kills as possible, putting an economical pressure on the enemy agents.
- All Raze abilities are focused around dealing damage, so you you should be the entry fragger while playing Raze.
- Do not use Blast Packs too frivolously. There is no point in flying across the sky half of the round if that will not give you extra kills.
- On defense try to boost yourself to some unpredictable spots (top of the boxes, etc.) to surprise the enemy team.
- On higher ELO and ranks you have to be more unpredictable with the way you use Raze abilities.
- If you are playing solo queue and you cannot communicate with your teammates, then playing Raze might be one of the best ways to climb Rank in Valorant.
Click here if you want to know [How to climb rank in Valorant]
After reading this Raze guide you should have the knowledge on how to play Raze. Hopefully it will allow you to smash lobbies on lower ELO and to climb rank during the solo queue. The most important thing to understand is to know when and where you should use Raze to actually get a lot of kills. Remember that our [Valorant Coach] might help you with that!
Here are examples of my Valorant Coaching: