How to play Killjoy in Valorant
Killjoy is a newly released Agent in Valorant and she is yet another sentinel! What makes Killjoy so strong? In today’s Killjoy guide, I will explain everything you need to know about her and show you how to play Killjoy!
Killjoy is a sentinel meaning her ability to hold down chokeholds and keeping map control is S Tier, that’s what the whole meta is about. She’s a more aggressive style sentinel based around her damaging abilities.
Killjoy is hard to master and behaves poorly in inexperienced hands. Because she is a newly released agent her pick rate is high while not many people understand how she works, so don’t be one of those guys.
Playing solo queue with Killjoy is not as effective if you want to climb. Using her abilities in relation to your teammates has a huge payoff.
Click here if you want to know [How to climb rank in Valorant]
How to play Killjoy – Agent skills:
NANO SWARM (C – 200 credits)
Nano Swarm is a grenade that goes invisible upon landing, you can store up to 2 Nano Swarms.
Nano Swarm can be detonated from any place on the map, when detonated Nano Swarm deals damage area of effect damage for 5 seconds acting like a molotov.
It is very important to use Nano Swarm to stall enemies or force them to reposition which you should capitalise on by engaging them.
On attackers side use Nano Swarm to clear corners and common spots. On defense use it in relation to Alarm Bot or for choke points/default plant spots.
🔥 TIPS FOR KILLJOY NANO SWARM SKILL 🔥
- You can throw Nano Swarm quite far away, so try to use it to help your teammates to defend their position or to assist them when they are going for a kill.
- You can use Nano Swarm to run away from your opponents or to slow down pushing enemies.
- You can also use Nano Swarm to stop an enemy from planting or defusing the spike.
ALARM BOT (Q – 200 credits)
Alarm Bot is used for holding common areas of the map, once it’s placed down it goes invisible until an enemy walks into its radius. Alarm Bot then activates running at the enemy and explodes.
This ability should be used in addition to other abilities as it leaves your enemies vulnerable meaning they take double damage for a brief moment.
You can use Alarm Bot for map control, by letting it give you information about enemies trying to flank.
You can hold down the ability key to recall your Alarm Bot if it hasn’t found anybody.
🔥 TIPS FOR KILLJOY ALARM BOT SKILL 🔥
- Alarm Bot should be placed in chokepoints where enemies are guaranteed to go if entering the site.
- Alarm Bot with Nano Swarm is a deadly combo and melts down enemies.
- You can check some corners with Alarm Bot so you don’t dry peak.
- Remember that Alarm Bot leaves your enemies vulnerable and you deal double damage for a short duration.
Learn more about [How to Peek in Valorant like a PRO]
TURRET (E – free)
Turret is a mobile sentry, It can be rotated around and holds a 180° angle. Once it spots an enemy it shoots dealing minimum damage but tagging them.
Turret can be flashed and smoked off although flashing it is very sub-optimal.
Use it to hold crossfires and for map control.
Turret can also be recalled by holding the ability key, if it hasn’t been destroyed.
🔥 TIPS FOR KILLJOY TURRET SKILL 🔥
- Killjoys Turret shouldn’t be used to deal damage, use this ability for tagging, information and holding crossfires.
- Turrets bullets tag enemies which means they are slowed, you can engage off this information or use your abilities to net yourself some simple kills.
- Turret has little hp, so don’t put it in open places and make sure you can engage off it’s information.
- Turret can also be used as a distraction for holding a crossfire. Set the turret on one side of the entrance and sit on the other, just make sure you have some cover and can fall back.
Is our Killjoy Guide not enough? Learn how to play with Killjoy and her Turret with our [Valorant Coach]
LOCKDOWN (X – Seven Ultimate Orbs)
Lockdown is possibly the strongest ultimate in Valorant. When used after 13 seconds all enemies trapped inside get a debuff for 8 seconds, they are slowed, cannot use abilities,weapons or plant/defuse. Lockdown shows you how many people were trapped inside after the detonation.
But be careful – Killjoys Lockdown can be destroyed, It forces your enemies into a fight or flight mode. They will either run out of the dome as fast as possible or try to kill Lockdown before it can go off.
🔥 TIPS FOR KILLJOY ULTIMATE – LOCKDOWN 🔥
- Only use lockdown when you are 100% certain the enemies are coming to you. Its long wind up time means people will have more than enough time to run away. Meaning it should only be used in very desperate needs or when you’re sure to get good use out of it.
- Lockdown is perfect for retaking a bombsite, slowing down the enemy push or taking map control. Almost 100% of the time it will be used on/beside a bombsite.
- To use your Ultimate you require 7 ultimate orbs, so make sure that you use effectively!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR HOW TO PLAY KILLJOY VALORANT
- Killjoy is very effective at solo holding site, thanks to her abilities which can slow down enemy pushes with relative ease.
- If you are playing with at least a few friends, climbing ranks with this Agent should be easy.
- It is hard to climb ranked with Killjoy solo – most of the time you will not be able to help your teammates, because of the lack of communication. Instead of assisting them, you might often disturb them.
- Killjoy is a must-have Agent in competitive and high ELO games – This sentinel is too good at holding down site, and her abilities synergize too well with others. On teams with good communication if you know how to play Killjoy she will dominate.
Check out our new article about [Valorant Meta and Best Characters].
I hope after this Killjoy guide you’re now more informed about her abilities, when and why to use them. You should feel more confident in your games playing against her as well as fully understanding how to play Killjoy. My personal view on Killjoy would put her on S tier and very worth mastering but as she is a new agent, she might be getting tweaked around. If you’re thinking about how to play killjoy or simply want to climb through the ranks! Remember that our [Valorant Coach] might help you master her or any other aspects of the game!
Here are some examples of our Valorant Coaching: