How to play Breach in Valorant
Breach is one of the strongest Agents in Valorant and he never got nerfed so far! What makes him so strong? In today’s Breach guide, I will explain everything you need to know about Breach and show you how to play Breach!
Breach is an Initiator type of Agent that never dropped from S Tier in Valorant Meta since the game’s release. However, that was not enough for the developers to nerf him even once! Why?
The reason is simple – Breach is a hard to master champion, which behaves poorly in inexperienced hands. Because of that, his pick rate is not pretty low, so in theory, there is no point for the devs to nerf him.
Playing solo queue with this Agent is not very effective if you want to climb rank in Valorant. When you playing with friends or you are thinking about competitive games, knowing how to play Breach is a basis.
Click here if you want to know [How to climb rank in Valorant]
How to play Breach – Agent skills:
AFTERSHOCK (C – 100 credits)
Aftershock is a fusion charge that you can shoot through the wall. It deals huge damage to anyone close to the explosion. That is why you should always use this ability to check and clear the corners.
It does have a brief delay so an opponent will have time to run away from it, but that is the perfect situation for you or for your teammates to kill him while he is changing his position.
🔥 TIPS FOR BREACH AFTERSHOCK SKILL 🔥
- You can shoot Aftershock quite far away, so try to use it to help your teammates to defend their position or to assist them when they are going for a kill.
- After you used Aftershock to clear a corner, still try to check it while you will be pushing – an enemy could stay there and survive with low HP.
- Use Aftershock to run away from your opponents or to slow down enemy Agent push.
- Use Aftershock to stop an enemy from planting or defusing the spike.
FLASH POINT (Q – 200 credits)
Flash point is one of the reasons why Breach is so strong. You can use this ability long range flash which allows you or your teammates to push. Flash duration is up to 2 seconds, which is very high!
What is more, it is the easiest flash in the whole game to utilize – you can use it through the walls, like Aftershock. That allows you to flash anyone, everywhere and for a long time!
🔥 TIPS FOR BREACH FLASH POINT SKILL 🔥
- The animation of throwing a flash is quite long, so during the push on the bombsite try to be on the back, and then flash for your teammates.
- Learning the perfect timing between throwing a flash and peeking an enemy is way harder compared to Phoenix or Reyna flashes.
- Flash Point is a strong ability that has one weakness – it can flash your own teammates. This is why you have to be careful while using it!
- The duration of the flash is 2 seconds, so always try to peek after using Flash Point – you will have enough time to grab a kill!
Learn more about [How to Peek in Valorant like a PRO]
FAULT LINE (E – free)
Fault Line is another Breach ability that is incredibly universal – you can use it for close range, for long range, to help yourself and your teammates! What is more, you can use it through the walls like other Breach abilities.
Use it to daze all the enemies in the ability area (check the area on the minimap). The range of Fault Line can be quite long so you can use it to clear tight and long areas like the Long next to bombsite C on the Haven map.
🔥 TIPS FOR BREACH FAULT LINE SKILL 🔥
- The animation of Fault Line charging is long, so it might be risky to use this ability while the enemy Agents are anywhere close to you.
- Fault Line can also affect your teammates, so you have to be careful while using it.
- Your opponents will be able to see for a second where the Fault Line will explode, so they can try to dodge it.
Is our Breach Guide not enough? Learn how to play with Breach and his Fault Line with our [Valorant Coach]
ROLLING THUNDER (x – seven ultimate orbs)
Rolling Thunder is the second strongest ultimate in Valorant. Use it to send cascading quake through any terrain that will daze and knock up anyone caught in it. After using it you can just push and finish all the enemies.
But be careful – Breach ultimate can affect your teammates, secondly remember that your teammates cannot stay close to you (even behind you) while you use your ultimate – otherwise they will be dazed too!
🔥 TIPS FOR BREACH ROLLING THUNDER SKILL 🔥
- The farther away the enemy is from you, the more time he has to run away and dodge your ultimate. That might allow them to kill you while you try to push. That is why knowing how to use the Breach ultimate is so important.
- Rolling Thunder is perfect for retaking a bombsite, slowing down the enemy push or for early aggression close to the most popular spots where you can daze a lot of enemies (for example middle on the map Haven).
- To use your Ultimate you require 7 ultimate orbs, so make sure that you use it at the right time!
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR BREACH VALORANT
- It is hard to climb rank with Breach while playing solo queue – most of the time you will not be able to help your teammates, because of the lack of communication. Instead of assisting them, you might often disturb them.
- Breach abilities are strong but they can affect your enemies and your teammates alike – that is why knowing how to use them and team communication are crucial while playing this Agent.
- Breach can hold a bombsite on his own thanks to his abilities which can slow down enemy push with relative ease.
- If you are playing with at least 1 friend, then climbing a rank with this Agent should be easy.
- Breach is a must-have Agent in competitive and high ELO games – on Immortal and higher ranks communication with teammates is not a problem at all.
Check out our new article about [Valorant Meta and Best Characters].
I hope that after reading this Breach guide you now understand why he is widely considered an S Tier Agent and why knowing how to play Breach is as important. Good Breach player can solo win a game, but the bad one will only disturb his teammates and help the enemy team. Mastering Breach is hard to do but worth the effort, if you are thinking about playing Valorant competitively or simply climbing through the ranks! Remember that our [Valorant Coach] might help you master him!
Here are examples of my Valorant Coaching: